Thursday, August 11, 2011

Mac, "Contact" & SETI


"And here I am entering a recording studio with the SETI Institute's Seth Shostak. I disagree with many of the Institute's guiding tenets -- most notably its irrationally harsh, largely uninformed dismissal of UFO evidence. That said, Shostak was a charming and cordial host and I enjoyed strolling the SETI Institute's museum-like central corridor."

- Mac Tonnies, PHB 2009 post


Yes, gang, here I am again with yet another post... I imagine y'all are wondering when and if I'm ever going to let poor Mac R.I.P.; apparently not today!

I just saw this headline earlier today at Space.com:


... and well, one thing lead to another. I guess I just remember that Mac was a big fan of the movie "Contact", and mentioned it a number of times on PMB... for instance, here.

I'd pretty much forgotten what a cool flick it was though, and how good Jody Foster was in it... but here's a little reminder: the worm-hole scene...






No comments: