Thursday, October 14, 2010

Average Joe?






"Looks like I might have a cameo on the NBC "reality" show "Average Joe." I was reading in the coffeeshop and in walks the show's star with a quick-talking girlfriend (manager?) and a cameraman. I was the only customer at the time. The camera dude swung his machine at me and the friend asked me if I recognized the star, a blonde named Melana. I gave her a thoughtful stare and admitted ignorance.

(I didn't even know there was a show called "Average Joe." I just now Googled it to know what, exactly, I'm dealing with.)

While the group was getting ready to leave, I apologized to Melana: "Don't feel embarrassed that I don't know you. I don't watch TV."

She patted my arm and laughed it off."

- Mac Tonnies, PHB post 11/25/03

(Photo: Mac Tonnies, 2000)


***

Judging by Mac's "I don't watch TV" comment, my guess is that this footage wound up on the cutting room floor. I never even heard of "Average Joe", but judging by the bulk of this variety of TV "reality" trash, I think we can all concede that this is more than just as well!



No comments: